Friday, September 5, 2014

day 5

Omelette,fruit and watermelon juice brekky and packed up the shopping.
Driver on time, not our booked John Made but his dad.
interesting building going up in candidasa

lagoon candidasa

lagoon looking toward beach

 So far so good, but holy crap when we got out of CD, he turned into Bali’s worst driver. Sat on the centre line, overtook anything and everything in front of him, held my breath a few times. Then on a straight stretch did this weird fast slow fast ,then slooow thing , I swear he was falling asleep, I looked in the rear view mirror, but ,you know how when you’re not sure, you don’t want to say anything? That was me. At one point I jabbed my hubby in the front, and they are both like..what? I said ..nothing..sorry. I said to hubby, oh, do you want to stop for a drink? Thinking at least the guy would get a walk around a bit, but he said…… I have water here….argghhhh…But the shock of me poking hubby for no reason seemed to do the trick, and he drove slightly better,but my heart was in my mouth the whole way. So ,if you use John made, driver, he is great, but if he can’t take you, don’t settle for his dad.


families off to ceremony

off to temple

mile stones

glad he was the pillion passenger not the driver

on the way to ubud, hard to capture with my camera and jack brabham driving
village supermarkets,so cheap


outskirts of  Ubud, very pretty

We are staying at Ubud bungalows, checkout here is at 12, we arrived at 12,so our room wasn’t ready. So,we went for a walk. It’s on Monkey Forest Rd,so lots of shops to look at.We walked a bit and came to the top of a hill, there is noooo way I would be able to walk back up, so hubby went down and I went back to find a restraunt that we had passed to sit and wait. Feet aren’t doing that well, so I’m walking short spurts and resting, go back to hotel and then start again when they’ve settled. Unless I cab it, im not going to see much more than an 800mtr stretch of monkey forest rd near the hotel lol Hubby is being very patient and helps me up and down those weird footpaths with the ‘ramps” at the end. Ha it’s the only time he will hold hands !!
Had some lunch at Sagittarius, a pizza, was really nice , and for the pizza we shared, a banana milk shake and 3 soft drinks was under 100k. nice 
 Came back to the hotel, settled in our room, which is large, nicely appointed, but no tv, so for us oldies that don’t do night life, we need dvd’s to watch on the laptop.

path in front of rooms

room ten, Ursie was next door!!


Went for a swim, well I dipped in, got wet, cooled off and got out, hubby was in for a while.





Went back out again, changed some money, the rate is much better here, 10.850. The difference is mad. Couldn’t get any better than 10.100 at Candidasa.
I have a small novel size pack of pamphlets from spas that were handed out as we passed, prices are good here for massages, facials etc. Going to get some “work” done here girls  should I risk a hair colour at one of these salon/spas?
Hubby at it again, found a moroccon lamp shop. Some nice things in here, so we have two hanging lamps to bring home now lol luckily material not glass. Very pretty though. Some really nice lights in this shop, though oddly there is a coloured penis lamp, wonder how many they sell?? I made my first purchase, my nickname is Bee and my new baby granddaughters middle name is Bee  so I bought little painted tin Bee’s one for her and one for me. They will rue the day they chose that name, haha, all my gifts to her so far are Bee related haha
Got some DVD’s buy 10 get 2 free for 100k, sadly transformers 4 and Malefecent are “bad copies” so they put them back on shelf and told me to choose something else. Who do they “allow” to buy them, people they think aren’t nice ? LOL
Put some laundry in over the road, $3.20 for 18 pieces, bargain. Lucky, I was down to last pair of undies haha
Decided to eat again at Sagitarious, silly us got burgers, they were nice, but they were never going to measure up to Yaris! 2 burgers, 4 soft drinks 130k. food prices much better here!
We haven’t stayed in Ubud before, only done the markets,wood carving and silver drive..oh there was that famous Babi Guling place….hubby doesn’t like to talk about that , he had a messy few days after it. We have found it busy, lots of people about, many cars and bikes, but not bedlam.It’s pretty lit up at night, and I can see us enjoying our time here.
Now enjoying a bintang in our room and going to watch 1 million ways to die in the west, preview look hilarious,so looking forward to that.

Night all 

No comments:

Post a Comment