Friday, September 5, 2014

Day 7 and 8

Day 7

Rained overnight again,8.30 brekky, omelette today lol brekky was organised today, no lost orders.I was disappointed ,No Mrs Doubtfire.
Quiet morning, just strolled up and down Monkey Forest Road, browsing in all the shops, saying hi to the people who are getting to know our faces.
“just looking,just looking jalan jalan” didn’t last long. Hubby bought a small gamelan at 50k bargained from 120kish and 2 wooden carved dragonflies, these are perfectly balanced and turn in the wind when sitting on a stick . 20k each from 100k each.
(photo to come)
I went to take back and change 1 dvd…and ended up buying another 10…hahah but I did get all 3 seasons of “The Midwife Calls” 
Had icecreams that we never buy at home for lunch lol Pomegranate magnum yum!!! $1.20 why are we paying $4 for the same thing at home???
Back to hotel, bed made. They are not changing the sheets, just making the beds, I know this as my elbow has a rheumatoid nodule that has been irritated and bled a little. I’ll ask the crew to change it today. Staff are lovely here ,always smiling and friendly.


Ubud Bungalows gardens


Hubby had a nap, I watched this weeks episode of winners and losers,found it on a site that has series from all over the world, so when that finished and Les still sleeping, I watched some Sherlock .love that series now, will look for it in dvd shop tmz.
Went for a cappuccino at café Ibunda ,attatched to hotel next door, I thought I’d have an iced chocolate, not what I was expecting lol basically choc powder in cold water lol they were mortified when I hadn’t drank it and asked why,so I explained that it wasn’t what I was expecting and what I get in cafes in Australia, so they are going to experiment. They gave us a tasting plate of ‘traditional Balinese snack” before we left, we literally couldn’t leave till we tried it haha. it was sweet corn and purple sweet potato with coconut sprinkled and palm sugar and coconut, I loved it, very nice. Not to hubbys taste though. cappuccino was ok. I was chuffed they chose us to try it, when I hadn’t liked their drink.
Bit more walking around then back to hotel
Went to a little warung for dinner, its attached to a hotel that I’ve forgotten name of but close by down on the right and opposite side of road to ubud bungalows . Prices really good, 20,and 30k per meal. Specials board is on the corner and you walk down the little lane a few steps.Les had sweet and sour chicken which was Balinese not chinese so was hotter than he expected but he enjoyed it,and was a good size serving.I had the “chicken gordon” hahaha it was lovely served with few veges and a few chips, not a huge serve but I enjoyed it and still value for money. With large bintang and a coffee the meal cost 110k. decided to have dessert elsewhere when it was dark and pretty with the lights.

warung bakery I think its called


Back to hotel and write some of this up, while hubby off to change more money lol
Back to the lovely Ubud Homestay for dessert. Hubby had cappuccino for dessert lol I had ohh dammit forgot the name,it has an bali name. was a warm banana ,split and in a sauce of palm sugar and orange juice , some chopped fruite, a strawberry and a scoop of vanilla icecream .DEVINE 



Back to hotel and a movie, which I snored through LOL
Day 8
Up at a quater to 8 phone went flat haha
Met the lovely Ursie from TA and her lovely friend Wayan from Amed, they are just next door ,its so wonderful to put faces to the voices . we chatted over brekky and we hope to see more of them.
Ursie and Me

Wayan and me

I’ve lost my glasses, haven’t seen them since I arrived here in ubud, but I know I had them when I got here.Probably fell off my head somewhere. Going to go on line and order another pair,should be at home when I get there.
Hubby went back to get another 2 dragonflies, she tried to charge him more lol but she sighed and gave them to him at same price as yesterday.
Arrrgh, tried to pay for my glasses online, but paypal kept denying saying, no delivery address…ok, try credit card, all good til I got to netcode sms…dammit I don’t have a mobile anymore, and so I did the commonwealth chat, what a great idea, they rang me on the bali phone, and sorted that side of it, but the site still would not process, maybe tried to many times? Don’t know, will get my daughter to try for me.
New people have moved into the room above, we only normally hear ppl as they walk up the stairs to get to the room, but whoever is up there now is thumping their way around the room ,I can hear everytime they walk across it and shut the wardrobe door and front door.
I went and had a facial and a foot/lower leg massage. Honey and cucumber facial 60k (devine) and half hour foot 30k at Samsara Spa. Its down a little laneway a few doors up from ubud bungalows, walking towards markets. Its at the top of the lane, a bamboo structure that just caught my eye ,looked so cool and breezy, and it was. I was so relaxed during facial, I fell asleep while waiting for the cucumber to do its magic . foot massage was amazing, so much so that my shoes were no longer tight when I put them back on, and had to pee like a horse when I got back to the room haha no detail too small you said…challenge accepted hahaha



Had some lunch at Saggitarious, really nice Lumpia , 2 large ones with a delightful nutty tomato/very mild chilli sauce for 1500rp a serve each and a strawberry milkshake each, they were very nice too,made with fresh strawberries cost 77000rp all up.

Back to hotel, watched some Call the Midwife, even hubby liked it, missed it when it was on tv, im hooked now, great show.
Found we can get 2gb footy call on the internet so listened to souths v manly game till just after half time.we had a table booked for dinner, so missed the end of the game. Souths won, that’s all that matters haha
Changed some more money, rate is 10.800 hubby bought a chime, it has a bird that bobs up and down lol 65k down from 150k.
Dinner again at Homemade, food is delicious here. Les had Nasi goreng again, and I had spag carbonarra. Everything is presented so well, wait staff are delightful and friendly, for us its like dining at a fancy restaurant, cloth tablecloths and napkins, candles. waiter pulls out your chair and puts napking on your lap, leave you alone to eat but anticipate when you are ready to order or finish etc. the two meals, a fruit smoothie, sprite and a cappuccino 220k.

Home made has quite a few stairs, deep ones, I feel disabled going up as Les helps me with his arm, and now the staff come in for the other arm ,so nice .But coming down I feel like a lady, being walked down the stairs like Lady Muck haha
Back to hotel, passed Art café, they had a guitarist/singer, sounded ok, if on tmz night we might stop in.
I have to take more notice when I step onto the road where the broken paths are, I nearly took out a bus tonight, a bit more of a lurch to the right and …eeek.
Hubby has turned in for the night I might watch some more midwife on call


Night all
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment